If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to help support FordF150.net!

Looking for recent topics?

2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

geno1995
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:57 pm
Truck: 2005 F-150 Lariat Super Cab
My Truck Mods

2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Hey guys, I know this has been asked in the past but I still cannot resolve my issue. My 2005 F150 has no power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges are not working(turn signals and emergency light flashers DO work). Ive checked the fuses on the passenger side(only ones right?) and swapped relays. I've also checked the battery and disconnected it. I did notice water had made its way down under the fusebox and along the wiring harness going to the back seats under the carpet on both sides (passenger and driver). Yesterday as I was drying the driver side I pulled on the harness to dry under it and the warning beep that a door is open began to suddenly beep(it didnt work as well) and i quickly turned to the dash and saw the gauges move for a second before everything turned back off. I don't know where to go at this point and any help will be extremely appreciated.

projectsho89
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Posts: 4195
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:13 am
Truck: 2001 F250 V10 4X4
Location: St Louis Area
My Truck Mods

Re: Electrical Problem

Post by projectsho89 »

Pull on the harness some more.

2001 F250 SD V10 4X4 - Just arrived Feb 2011

If your original owner's manual is missing, download a soft copy from https://www.fleet.ford.com under the Parts and Service tab.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

adventurecrv
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:31 am
Truck: 2007 F150 Lariat 4x4
Location: Val-Des-Monts Quebec
My Truck Mods

Re: 2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Post by adventurecrv »

Could be a corrosion / moisture issue in the harness. Loose connector. Poor ground.

I would focus my attention on the area that you jiggled to start.

Do you have a multi-meter and wiring diagram. That would help with diagnosis. See where the power is going, where it is not going to identify where it is stopping.

Sounds like you might have to take out the seats and the carpet to do a full inspection.

Image

geno1995
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:57 pm
Truck: 2005 F-150 Lariat Super Cab
My Truck Mods

Re: 2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Post by geno1995 »

I focused on that area for nearly half an hour after wiggling and drying and moving them around. There's so many wires in the harness where would I check for power? I am horrible at electrical I wouldn't be able to read a schematic :( would it be possible for the cluster to be at fault? Is there any way to test that since I've read on others that power to the radio and windows passes through there

User avatar

Prkuehn
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:21 am
Truck: 2013 F-150 STX 4x4
Location: Lowell, AR
My Truck Mods

Re: 2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Post by Prkuehn »

geno1995 wrote:I focused on that area for nearly half an hour after wiggling and drying and moving them around. There's so many wires in the harness where would I check for power? I am horrible at electrical I wouldn't be able to read a schematic :( would it be possible for the cluster to be at fault? Is there any way to test that since I've read on others that power to the radio and windows passes through there

If you are not qualified or comfortable working on the electric components I would highly suggest finding a trustworthy electric shop. If you moved harness and restored the connection temporarily you have found the point of the problem. DIY repair involves checking all of the wiring and connections until you find the offender regardless if there is 1 wire or 1000. Corrosion or burnt connections are great starting places. A multimeter is the absolute minimum tool needed.

Good luck.

13 STX 5.0L 4WD SCAB, HyperTech Programmer, OEM TBC, Front & Rear cameras
Airlift 5000+ air bags with air compressor onboard, Rancho 9000 rear shocks, Rancho Quicklift 9000XL struts
Line-X liner and BAK Roll-X bed cover
Backwoods Bumpers Front and rear bumpers with 12,500 pounds winch (synthetic cable)
AMP Research power steps

Mypoortruck
New Member
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:57 am
Truck: 2004
My Truck Mods

Re: 2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Post by Mypoortruck »

Hi, I've just come across this issue but it was self inflicted. I was changing out my interior overhead bulbs at night with just the interior lights switched on so I could see. From the drivers seat, the left was fine but the right was blown. I had bought a two pack of bulbs. The interior lights were on while I was changing them. The right bulb, I changed just fine. I should have just stopped there but I didn't know how old the left bulb was and figured I'd change that to. I couldn't see well, and was trying to get the left bulb out and as I was turning it, I heard an electrical pop, and the lights went off. The next morning, I looked at the circuits and wire connected to the bulbs and they did not look fried. They appear fine. However, as a consequence, I'm left with no power to my windows, overhead interior lights, radio, and the dash gauges no longer work. The dash, still displays my air bag yellow symbol, because the wires are disconnected under the drivers seat, it blinks then stays on. It displays blinkers and the night lights (green and red ambient lights to see the dashboard at night) come on at night, my break lights, blinkers, and head lights work fine. A.C. /heater blow fine. However, my check engine light no longer displays. I've check most of the fuses inside the truck, near the base of the passengers seat. I haven't seen any bad. I thought for sure I had just blown a fuse. If I take this into a dealer, any idea what costs? Has anyone solved this? Is there a single circuit which impacts all of these? I'd prefer to solve this myself, save the money. I'm not a mechanic but I'm capable. Any productive insight or suggestions would be appreciated

2004 F150 Supercrew FX4

Mypoortruck
New Member
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:57 am
Truck: 2004
My Truck Mods

Re: 2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Post by Mypoortruck »

Hi,

thanks for the response, purchasing a replacement cluster would essentially accomplish the same objective in your suggestion, correct? However, by resolving the cluster, as suggested, how does this interact with the Power Windows at all? Or, the Radio, or the overhead interior lights?

Update, Yesterday, was driving truck around the block to diagnose and interestingly, when I push the eject button on my CD Player, it ejects and displays CD Ejected on the Radio Panel, there is definitely power to the Radio Panel but no power to the Radio itself. I cannot turn the radio on.

I had read that someone had disconnected their battery for 15 minutes and reconnected it, and somehow, this had resolved it. I have not been so fortunate.

User avatar

THGDriver
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:22 pm
Truck: 2009 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 5-4
Location: Eastern PA. USA
My Truck Mods

Re: 2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Post by THGDriver »

Test or replace fuse 21------. This supplies power to the timer/relay that keeps everything powered while you listen to the radio, open close window, etc. while you wait for the wife, kids, whatever for 10 minutes or so. Worth a shot.

Vehicles-2009 5.4 F150 4x4 and 2017 Ruby Red Fusion SE 1.5 Ecoboost
There is always someone out there that has more problems then yourself.
"I cried I had no shoes till I met someone who had no feet". (William Shakespeare)

User avatar

THGDriver
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:22 pm
Truck: 2009 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 5-4
Location: Eastern PA. USA
My Truck Mods

Re: 2005 F150 No power windows, radio, interior lights, and all gauges not working

Post by THGDriver »

You are welcome. I knew everything is powered through that timer/relay even when driving. I knew fuse 21 protected it. I'm glad I was right as to your problem although you already fixed it but did not have a chance to update you had. Someone else on this forum may have the same problem someday. Hopefully we help them too.

Vehicles-2009 5.4 F150 4x4 and 2017 Ruby Red Fusion SE 1.5 Ecoboost
There is always someone out there that has more problems then yourself.
"I cried I had no shoes till I met someone who had no feet". (William Shakespeare)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Mediapartners and 2 guests